Chicken and Dumplings is one of those meals that will forever make me think of my childhood. I was blessed to live on the same property as one set of my grandparents, and my grandmother is a fabulous cook. I try and try to replicate some of my favorite meals with little success. I still am in the kitchen with her every chance I get, hopefully one of these days it will click. Chicken and dumplings was one of those meals I remember eating on a cold winter night, it’s such a warming meal! Well this is my easy and lower fat chicken and dumplings recipe, of course it still isn’t the healthiest food option but its better for you than the original!
What you will need –
- 1 Carton of Low Sodium Low Fat Chicken Broth
- 4 Chicken Breast(uncooked)
- 1-2 packages of low-fat biscuits
- 1 can of 98% Fat Free Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Can of 98% Fat Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Salt and Pepper
- **Carrots (optional)
- **Celery (optional)
How to make chicken and dumplings
- Add everything except for the biscuits to a slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Shred the chicken. Use two forks and it should fall apart
- Tear apart the biscuits and drop them into the slow cooker
- Continue cooking for 30 minutes to 3 hours.
While this isn’t your grandma’s version, it tastes pretty close and it is much easier to make! Share your favorite recipes for chicken and dumplings in the comments below!
More from BelliesBabies+Beyond: