Summertime Bucket List
Charleston, SC is full of fun things to do as a family, check out our bucket list and join us in attempting to make it to all of them this summer!
1. Go Bowling
You can bowl for free all summer long by signing up! Find out more here [** denotes bowling centers that are participating]
- Sparians Bowling 613 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464 **
- Ashley Lanes 1568 Sam Rittenberg Blvd, Charleston, SC 29407
- The Alley 131 Columbus St., Charleston SC
- Sand Piper Lanes 3291 Ashley Phosphate Rd, North Charleston, SC
- Royal Lanes 106 Central Ave Goose Creek, SC 29445 **
- Swamp Fox Lanes 312 Rembert C Dennis Blvd, Moncks Corner, SC 29461**
2. Go to the Movies
If you are in the Summerville area, Cinemark 8 has a summer program where you can buy tickets for $1 each or go the whole summer for $5! Find out more information here!
Terrace theater has free movies for ages 10 and under and $4 tickets for everyone else, every Wednesday! Find out more!
- Palmetto Grande 1319 Theater Dr, Mt Pleasant, SC 29464
- Cinebarre Theater 963 Houston-Northcutt Blvd. Mt. Pleasant, SC 29464
- Northwoods Theater 2181 Northwoods Blvd North Charleston, South Carolina
- Regal Towne Square 18 2401 Mall Dr. North Charleston, SC 29406
- Regal Azalea Square 215 Azalea Square Blvd., Summerville, SC 29483
- Carmike James Island 1743 Central Park, Charleston, SC 29412
- Terrace Theater 1956 Maybank Hwy, James Island
3. Sign Up for Reading Programs
- Barnes and Noble has a reading program that encourages kids to read and earn free books! Get the journal and all the information here
- Charleston County Public Library’s Reading Program will encourage reading with fun rewards, learn more about Every Hero has a Story!
- Berkley County Library System’s Reading program begins June 8th! Fine out more information here.
4. Make Art at a Local Art Studios
- The Art Place Studio
- Kreative Kidz
- The Artist’s Loft Studio
- Ali’s Art Imaginarium
- Clay Cottage and Art Studio
- Artspiration Studio
5. Visit a Museum
- The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry
- American LaFrance Fire Museum
- The Charleston Museum
- Natural History Museum at the College of Charleston
6. Jump at an indoor inflatable place
7. Play Lazer Tag and Glow Put-Put
8. Visit an arcade
9. Play at a Trampoline Park!
10. Go Rollerskating!
11. Visit all of the Charleston Parks – We love this list from Charleston Parks Conservancy! You can find all the parks as well as if they have bathrooms, water fountains, free wifi, etc!
12. Explore at the local County Parks
- Palmetto Islands County Park
- James Island County Park
- Wannamaker County Park
13. Visit all of the local Beaches
- Sullivan’s Island
- Isle of Palms
- Wild Dunes
- Folly Beach
14. Visit all of the water parks!
- Splash Zone at James Island County Park
- Splash Island at Palmetto Islands County Park
- Whirlin Waters at Wannamaker County Park
15. Visit a Serpenatarium
16. Check out the Local Plantations/Gardens
17. See the replica ship and the zoo at Charles Towne Landing
18. Take a day trip to Bee City
19. Walk the Bridge
20. Take the Water Taxi
21. Visit Fort Sumter
22. Visit the Yorktown
23. Play at Waterfront Park in the Spray Pool
24. Visit a ropes course at Wild Blue Ropes
25. Take the Gateway Walk
26. Check out the Angel Oak Tree
27. Go Ice Skating at the Carolina Ice Palace!
28. Fish off of the Pitt Street Bridge
29. Bumper cars and go carts at Frankie’s Fun Park
31. Climb on a climbing wall
- Blackbeard’s Cove
- James Island County Park
32. Walk through the Market Downtown
33. Have a milk shake at the Pitt Street Pharmacy
34. Take a carriage tour downtown
35. River Dogs game on Fireworks night
36. Folly Beach Pier
37. Ghost crab hunting on the beach – Go to the beach at night with flashlights, look for the holes in the softer sand and you will find white crabs. Chase them with your flashlight until they run back in their holes!
38. Visit SC Aquarium
39. Visit a local animal shelter (take some food or toys for the pets!)
40. Learn about local birds at the Birds of Prey!
41. Check out the Palmetto Trail – It starts in Awendaw and extends through the state. You can camp there as well!
42. Take the Ferry to Bulls Bay and See Boneyard Beach!
43. Visit and learn about the Hunley!
44. Visit the Natural History Museum at the College of Charleston
45. Visit the Old Exchange Building and Provost Dungeon!
Don’t forget to check the event calendar for plenty of fun events!
Did we forget something? Let us know below!