Best places to take a 1 to 2 year old in Charleston
Check out the other posts in this series:
- Where to go with a Under 1 year old
- Where to go with a 1 to 2 year old
- Where to go with a 2 to 3 year old
- Where to go with a 3 to 4 year old
- Where to go with a 4 to 5 year old
- Where to go with a 5 to 6 year old
The Children’s Museum of the Lowcountry – 25 Ann Street, Downtown. Open Tuesday – Saturday 9am-5pm and Sunday 12pm-5pm. Special programs, summer camps, indoor play. Admission is $8/person plus parking. There are metered parking spots along King, Ann and John Street as well as 2 lots on Ann Street.
SC Aquarium – 100 Aquarium Wharf, Downtown. Open daily 9am-5pm. Prices vary based on regular admission and 4D theater. Adults (13 and up) $24.95-29.95; children (3-12) $17.95-$22.95; 2 and under are free. Metered parking and garage in front of aquarium
Charles Towne Landing -1500 Old Towne Rd, Charleston. $10/adult; $6/kids; under 5 are free. Open daily from 9am-5pm. You can walk through miles of trails, visit the animal forest or walk on the replica boats.
American LaFrance Fire Museum – 4975 Centre Pointe Dr. North Charleston. Monday through Saturday 10am-5pm and Sunday 1pm-5pm. General admission $6, children 12 and under are free with paying adult. Free parking
Monkey Joe’s – 4952 Centre Point Drive North Charleston. Monday-Thursday 10am-7pm; Friday and Saturday 10am-8pm; Sunday 11am-7pm. Pricing Monday through Friday $9.99/child; Saturday and Sunday $11.99/child. Adults are free. Free parking.
SkyZone – 411 Wando Park Blvd, Mt Pleasant. Open jump starts at $9 for 30 minutes. Hours TBA for summer
- Toddler Time – Wednesdays 9-11am and Saturday 9-10am
Bee City – 1066 Holly Ridge Lane, Cottageville. Tuesday-Thursday 9am-5pm; Friday and Saturday 9am-6pm.
- Petting zoo
- Educational Center
- Kid friendly cafe
- 2 locations
- 1610 Sam Rittenburg Blvd #103, Charleston – Sunday-Thursday 11am-9pm; Friday 11am-10pm; Saturday 9am-10pm
- 7258 Rivers Ave, North Charleston: Sunday-Thursday 11am-9pm; Friday 11am-10pm; Saturday 10am-10pm
- Free admission, arcade, rides, food for purchase
Parks – We love this list from Charleston Parks Conservancy! You can find all the parks as well as if they have bathrooms, water fountains, free wifi, etc!
- Palmetto Islands County Park 444 Needlerush Parkway, Mt Pleasant. $1 admission each person.
- Big Toy Playground
- Observation deck
- Snack bar
- Kayak Launch
- Picnic Sites
- Bike and Paddle boat rentals
- Crabbing and fishing
- Splash Island Waterpark
- General admission 7.99; Charleston County $6.99; Under 48″ $5.99; Seniors 60 and up $3.99. Under 2 free. 10am-6pm daily.
- James Island County Park – 871 Riverland Drive, Charleston. $1 admission
- Spray pool
- Climbing wall [additional fee]
- Campground [additional fee]
- Challenge Course [additional fee]
- Disc Golf
- Bike, pedal boat and kayak rentals
- Covered shelters
- Dog park
- Fishing and crabbing
- Splash Zone
- 10am-6pm Daily
- General admission $11.99; Charleston County $9.99; Under $8.99; Seniors over 60 $5.99; 2 and under free.
- Wannamaker County Park – 8888 University Blvd North Charleston
- 2 playgrounds
- Dog park
- Play hill
- Spray area
- Snack bar
- Picnic Sites
- Sand volleyball
- Horseshoe pits
- Bike and boats rentals
- Whirlin’ Waters Adventure Waterpark
- General admission $19.99; under 48″ $9.99; Seniors over 60 $9.99; under 2 free.
Magnolia Plantations and Gardens! 3550 Ashley River Road, Charleston. Adults $15; Kids $10; Under 6 are free! Additional charges for other tours and attractions
- Petting zoo (dear, turkeys, chickens and other local animals)
- The Conservatory (semi-tropical plants)
- Peacock Cafe – Enjoy some lunch
Storytimes can be great for this age! Check out the local storytimes here!
Dont forget to check the calendar for events!
Did we forget somewhere? Let us know in the comments below!
Check out our other awesome features: